Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Campbell's, You Suck


I have long since stopped buying Campbell's soups, since there are far better soups out there. But I was highly disappointed to find out that their Cream of Mushroom soup was GMO'd. It was the best soup for hot dishes. I really wish I had known to look at these labels closer before I stocked so many cans for the end of the world. Sigh.

My dad got a cast on his foot and promptly bought a power chair to drive around. He crashed it going in reverse. He and the chair are okay, but he probably shouldn't be driving. My sister was telling me that Thursday night her and Dad went out to dinner for prime rib, and the next day he broke his ankle. Everything changed for him overnight. I will keep you posted on that.

Now for the bad news (haha, if I didn't have a healthy sense of humor – they would need to lock me up and throw away the key.)

It's Monday morning and of course I have no internet for work. I make my 11th call to the internet provider. Luckily they were able to get a technician out that afternoon. The technician was a young guy, and really knew the job and knew what he was doing. Probably one of the best technicians you could even get in this area. He spent 4 hours here and even replaced the modem. He reiterated what I already know, the satellite just can't handle the encryption capacity of the VPN which is required for my job. At the end of the day – nothing had changed.

He handed me a little computer pad for me to sign the statement, “I am completely satisfied with the service I have gotten from Hughesnet”. I said, “Look,” (I mean he was a great guy and I felt REALLY bad for him) “You are wonderful, but I'm in the exact place I was before you got here. I'm NOT satisfied, let alone completely satisfied.”

He said, “Well, you just need to sign it stating I was here.” (I really did feel bad for the guy) I handed it back to him and told him, he would just have to tell them that I wouldn't sign it. Then I shoo'd him out because I needed to cry. I know that there is nothing more I can do and I am going to lose my job.

I'd like to thank everyone who gave me advice about internet options. I have literally called every single internet provider in the area and no one can get me the internet that I need for my job. Starlink will not work for me because it is way expensive and there is no customer service department. So even if I ordered it, paid for it and found someone to install it for me, if it didn't work, I would have no one to call and just be out that money.

But, there is still Hope (Gotta love it). God is in control and has a plan for us, even if I don't know what that is at the moment. I am trusting Him.

Take care out there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you checked into fixed wireless? I had it in my rural area for a couple of years until fiber optic became available. Worked great for me. May not be available wherever you are, but most people have never heard of it.

wendyworn said...

The company give us $20 a month towards internet. Yes - it is a joke.