Monday, May 1, 2023

My Dad

So my poor dad slipped and fell getting out of the shower on Friday. Dad is in his early eighties so this is not a good development. My sister took him to Urgent Care. They told him it was a sprained ankle, to ice it and keep it elevated, and sent him home.

Shortly after that, the doctor called him to say that he had, indeed, broken it. He broke both a bone in his foot and one in his ankle. He found a friend to drive him back to Urgent Care and they put a splint on it to hold him over for the weekend.

Today he will be going back to have a more permanent cast put on. He is getting around in a wheelchair and says that he is not feeling too much pain, so that is good.

Please keep my dad in your prayers.

Phil over at bustednuckles.com is also having some health issues so please pray for him as well.

Hope you all are well. Take care out there.

4 comments:

Cederq said...

Why I avoid Urgent Care facilities as one would avoid a black plague sufferer. Why and how they can stay in business without being sued for medical malpractice is beyond my understanding. The docs that barely passed their exams work there.

I pray your dad has a primary doc he can see and follow up. Has he been assigned an Orthopaedic? Any surgical intervention been discussed? I'll put your dad at the top of my prayer list Wendy(L)!

wendyworn said...

I haven't heard yet about an Orthopaedic. He should hear more when he goes in today. Thanks for the prayers!

Phil said...

Prayers sent for you and your Dad, that's a worrisome thing.
I'm just plodding along, doing what I can do. More tests coming, starting tomorrow.
Eventually they will run out of tests and have to actually do something.
SPIT.
Thanks for the shout out.

Phil

wendyworn said...

My pleasure Phil -I'm praying for you and I know alot of others are too.