Monday, May 22, 2023

Cream of Soup

I was very disappointed when I found out that Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup was tainted with bioengineered ingredients. I was watching a you-tube video on an unrelated subject and this video came up on the side bar. I watched it and the recipe the woman uses is listed in the description but I have posted the link here:

Cream of Soup

The recipe can be used for cream of mushroom, celery or chicken soups. I tried the recipe when I made a potato casserole this weekend. I did add a half teaspoon of italian seasoning and a fourth of tsp paprika. It was so incredibly yummy and so easy to make. Here is the original video:

I had a very relaxing weekend. Hope you all are well!

Take care out there.


 

7 comments:

Crazy Hootowl said...

That would probably be why I get sick when I eat them. I have been successfully linking my body's rejection of processed foods to the crap that is in them. I do not have those problems with food cooked from scratch.

wendyworn said...

I am definitely feeling better physically since I have been eliminating these chemically laden and bioengineered foods from my diet.

Cederq said...

It would be wonderful if enough people rose up and demanded that these food companies not add chemicals and bioengineered devices to the food we consume. Sadly, that is not going to happen. I too have been switching my diet to more locally grown and raised food. I am seeing and hearing about more people locally starting to understand this about the processed food that is getting shoved at us. Sure, you are spending more time in the kitchen and preps, but I am finding it actually relaxing to prepare and eat better food. It seems to work as far as some of the symptom's that I am experiencing of the aches and pains and overall robustness. You want something to work right, you do it your self, same of food, do it yourself.

Cederq said...

You gonna make me some of that soup and ship it Fed EX? How relaxed were you? Inquiring mind want to know, even if it ain't non'a our bizness...

wendyworn said...

I would totally make you some yummy soup! I went shopping Friday Night and did all my chores on Saturday including cutting up all the veggies etc for the casserole I made on Sunday so all I had to do was assemble it and get it in the oven before it got too hot. So I was able to relax on Sunday and watched some movies. That doesn't happen very often for me.

JL said...

This is excellent. It's keto friendly too, so I can actually eat it.

It will be a perfect meal to have on a cold Saturday afternoon in November, while watching a classic movie, like 'Where Eagles Dare'.

Thanks for posting, Wendy.

wendyworn said...

Hey JL - How's it going? I thought it was an excellent recipe too - and so easy. tastes so much better than canned.