Wednesday, May 10, 2023

The Enemy in the Storm

Tuesday morning. My internet for work was the fastest it's been in weeks. I was burning through the faxes. I was thanking God and enjoying myself. I was so happy to finally be able to work the way I used to.

About 15 minutes after I clocked back in from lunch – a wicked storm came up out of nowhere.

First the internet went out and then the power. I called HR to let them know, I will end up having to make up the time that I lost.

I saw a flash of lightning out the window. I started to count 'one-one thousand' but only got to one-one before the thunder roared over head. It was LOUD.

It is clear to me now that the enemy is trying to sabotage me.

I believe it is because on Monday, while sitting in front of the spinning blue circle, I didn't get super stressed out like I have been in the past. I remained quiet and just kept saying – over and over – Be anxious for nothing but by prayer and supplications let your needs be known unto God. (The verse actually says be careful for nothing in the KJV – the NKJV says anxious for nothing. It is Phl 4:6 – “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God” I was going by memory and forgot the with thanksgiving part). I would add, Lord, I need fast internet for work in Jesus' name. I prayed that all day on Monday and before I went to bed.

I know the fast internet I had in the morning on Tuesday was an answer to prayer from the Lord. I also know that the adversary was not happy about it since this slow internet situation has been going on for several weeks and has been an effective tool to continue to torture me. This IS for my job.

So I prayed against the storm. I prayed for the angels who were up there fighting on my behalf against the dark powers that would try to destroy me. I thanked God for His hedge of protection around me and my family at all times AND thanked Him again for the super fast internet for work.

I was at peace knowing that God was fighting for me even as the RV rocked back and forth violently. After a couple hours the storm finally subsided. The power and the internet came back on and I was able to resume working.

Thank you God!

Keep prepping and praying! Take care out there.


 

5 comments:

Peteforester said...

Never miss an opportunity to pray...

wendyworn said...

love it pete!

Cederq said...

Ain't riding out windstorms and thunderstorms in an RV fun? If you ain't praying to Jesus, you will in five minutes of that rocking, your come to Jesus moment. Nothing like the noise and hail hitting the sides, top, front and back all at once...

wendyworn said...

so true cederq

KurtP said...

Something that MIGHT help your internet speed is to unplug your modem and router for about 3- 10 minute.

It kinda kick-starts the exchange between you and your provider.