Saturday, October 16, 2010

Black & Blue - Back on October 25, 2010

This is my black and blue baby quilt. I finished it a couple days ago. I screwed up on it so bad! It was smaller than I wanted it so I decided to put a border on it. I think that was a bad idea from the start because the material for the border cost me $13 and I don't have alot of money for extras.

Then the top of the quilt was 26 inches but the bottom of the quilt was 28 inches. I don't know how that happened. So by the time I used the rotary cutter to make the quilt square so I could add the border, the bordered quilt was the same size as the original. Plus I now have a much healthier respect for the "measure twice, cut once" concept.

Then of course - I made the mistake of using the heavy-duty setting on the washing machine instead of the gentle, so I had some popped seams. Just another reminder to take things slow.

There are seven days until the wedding, and we are pretty busy with all the last-minute details. So I don't think I will be able to blog much until it is over. I will be back on October 25th. I pray my Heavenly Father will watch out for you all! God bless you!

No comments: