Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Wedding - The day after


The wedding yesterday was beautiful. Pastor Brett from Athey Creek married my sister and her fiance. It was really great because he came in and prayed with all the bridesmaids and then went and prayed with the groomsmen before the ceremony. During the ceremony he stressed the importance of having Jesus Christ as the head and that He needs to be the center of the marriage. It was truly inspiring and I know the happy couple were very blessed. I was going to post a picture of me in my bridesmaid dress, but the camera adds something like a hundred pounds so I decided not to.

It is raining really hard today and there is boxes and boxes of wedding stuff and other things that have to be gone through and organized, but first we need to take my niece (the flower girl) home to the coast. She slept in my bed last night. When she first crawled in bed, she said, "Auntie Linda, if you snore then I am going to be very mad at you." Then she promptly fell asleep and started snoring. She is so cute. I told my parents that I think we should tackle the organization of the house and garage the same way we did with the wedding planning, with lists and schedules for the days, so we will get to a point when the job is done. Yesterday we were so tired after the wedding that we didn't even empty the cars out. So we will see.

Thank you Lord for all the blessings you pour out to us every day. Thank you for being in every detail of the wedding, that it was such a nice ceremony and everyone had a wonderful time. Thank you for always being with us and I just lift up my life to you, that I may know your will for my future so that I can obey. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments: