Sunday, October 10, 2010

Shhh....

I determined yesterday that no matter what, I would take a Sabbath day of rest. It is not always so easy to do when you are living with and working for someone else. But yesterday I rested. No quilting, no work, just rest and seeking after the Lord.

Today I woke at 5:30am ready to work. I did the laundry and walked and worked on my quilt, listening to Pastor Gary C. Price from Omega Ministries. It has been quiet. I've been trying to think about what to blog about and my mind was really quiet. Too quiet.

Back in the day, before I was saved, I would have called it an impending doom feeling. Hhmm, it's too peaceful and quiet - I must be waiting for the other shoe to drop! Something crappy is bound to happen, always does. Isn't that just like the world? Nothing's going on in the world, better put an advisory out there, tell the people that Bin Laden and Al CIA-duh are gonna get you and you shouldn't take that European vacation you've been planning.

Don't get me wrong. I know stuff is going on in the world.

I am reminded of the acronym FEAR from AA. False Evidences Appearing Real. That is SUCH a lie. There is nothing FALSE about Fear. Fear IS Real. It is a spirit. Our country has been gripped by the spirit of FEAR. And the enemy loves for people to be in bondage to the spirit of fear.

As believers - we need to realize that the spirit of fear has no power over us. When believers were afraid in the Word, the Lord always said, "Fear NOT". If you are afraid, you need to fight that spirit with the promises from the Word.

If you are afraid of not having anything to eat, or having anything to wear, there are promises that the righteous will not have to beg bread, or that your Heavenly Father knows you have need of those things. If you are afraid to speak in tongues because you think you might have a wrong spirit, there are promises in the word that God knows how to give good gifts to His children, and that if you are speaking by the spirit of the Lord you can't call Jesus accursed. (You will have to look these verses up for yourself here.)Or just plain ol' rebuke that spirit of fear in the name and authority of Jesus Christ!

If you are afraid of the terror coming on the earth, you NEED to get right with God and trust Him for all your provisions and safety. Fear is unbelief. You have to fight fear with the Word and with faith. If you are losing the battle with fear, you need to lay it before the Father and ask His help.

When I thought about how I used to be fearful compared to now. I'm at peace because for right now, I am where the Lord wants me to be, doing what the Lord wants me to do. I'm thankful to the Lord for the peace in my mind, because there are no demons in there trying to make me afraid, or angry or crazy. Just a handful with quietness, that's all I need.

It also reminds me of the verse, "For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape." 1 Thes 5:3. Who says peace and safety? They. Who's they again? Oh yeah, the forces of evil. They will tell you when it is peace and safety and when you can be scared. But the Lord will put the snare they tried to snare you with back on them.

Thank you my wonderful Merciful Heavenly Father, for the quietness in my mind. Thank you so much for always caring for my needs, for my food and clothes and shelter. Thank you for your hedge of protection around my life and for giving me the tools for spiritual warfare to resist the devil so that he flees like the little sissy he is. You are AWESOME! In the name of your son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

1 comment:

cliff hilbert said...

Excellent message, Linda.