Thursday, January 18, 2024

Computer Repair


I've been having on going computer issues. My laptop kept over heating and then would shut off suddenly. Yesterday it did it four times in a row. Obviously, something had to be done.

I have another completely useless laptop that was practically brand new, but after you turned it on it wouldn't do anything. So now I have two broken laptops. The one I was currently using is cracked all over the casing and has a broken hinge. And a serious overheating problem. Of course they are both Lenovos. Cheap Chinese goods.

To make a long story short, I switched out the hard drive from one computer to another. Wow. It's like having a brand new laptop without the hassle of having to download all my favorite stuff and try to remember all my bookmarks. Thank God!

Of course it helped that my husband had THE best little screwdriver set, otherwise it couldn't have been done so easily. Here is the set:

Take care out there!

6 comments:

Cederq said...

Desperation breeds ingenuity! Or, causes one to blindly take a risk and say: 'Why the hell not!" Glad it worked out for you!. An old computer guru guy I knew in South Dakota and repaired my hardware or software would tell me do not ever buy a Lenovos even if you are more dirt poor than those beggar kids in the streets of India. They are not are even good at being a door stop.

wendyworn said...

believe me, I won't be buying one in the future

Justin_O_Guy said...

I've been in one laptop. Fine with me if it never happens again. Good going!

clayusmcret said...

Our travel laptop (which is my wife's daily when we're at home) does the same thing. All we had to do (once I figured out the overheating issue) was raise the back of the laptop and sit it on something so air will get to the bottom vents. I assume one of the fans has stopped working, but this works.

Eraser said...

Pro Tip: get a some small felt pads that are self-adhesive and stick them on the 4 corners of the laptop base - use two per if you can. This allows the flow of cool air through the cooling system, and makes it easy to slide across your preferred desk top surface.

wendyworn said...

thanks eraser I will