Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Warming Up


Yesterday was the first day in weeks that it warmed up enough to drive into town. We do have water again, but the sewer is still frozen so we can't actually use it yet. I refilled all my emergency water bottles while I had the chance.

My first stop was the 24/7 Travelodge right as you come into town. I filled my tank with gas then went inside. They finally took down the ridiculous Plexi-glass barrier they had up at the cashiers station to keep the cooties out. About time.

For $14 dollars you can get a shower, which I thought was a little steep considering I brought my own towels. The shower room was exceptionally nice and once again, I was thanking the Lord for a nice hot shower.

At the Post Office was a check from the third party vendor who is selling stuff for me on E-bay. My Pokemon White version for the Nintendo DS sold for $155 all by itself. Sweet. They will continue selling items for me until they are all sold or it looks like they won't, then they will return the rest to me. So little checks should be trickling in here and there.

All the roads in town were clear and dry and I didn't have any problems with icy parts. Was able to get to the grocery store and stock up on supplies.

My dad was successfully moved to his new apartment after he was flooded out of his old one. Now he tells me that he can't find his razor. My sisters are going over to help him get everything sorted out later this week. Little Arthur, my grand nephew is doing very well, and I will post some pictures of him soon.

That's all for now. Take care out there.

4 comments:

Cederq said...

Glad it looks better for you! Damn hot showers use to be $5 bucks(They supplied the towels and a little bar of soap) at truck stops and now $14? Highway robbery! But you are clean and I bet sweeter to stand by... I know once I typed it I was gonna get into trouble, but hey, I speaks my mind, I gets tha paddle...

wendyworn said...

definitely sweeter

Tree Mike said...

A little (big) thing like a shower can make such a big difference in attitude. Hope the sewer thaws soon. Are there any accessible areas of sewer line that would benefit from an application of hot water?

wendyworn said...

yes, and as of yesterday we have hot water again so I am going to try pouring some down the drain and hope it will help. it is also supposed to be even warmer today so all is good.