Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Wednesday Update from the Frozen Hills

Still freezing here, although it has warmed up to a balmy 11 degrees, up from negative 11. Got no water but have lots of heat, for which I am eternally grateful. Job interviews that I had scheduled this week have all been rescheduled for next week. Thank God.

Oregon is having freezing rain and has essentially closed all businesses today. My poor dad. I guess a pipe burst in the ceiling of his apartment and gallons of water poured out of the light fixture all over his office and then down into the apartment below. He most likely will need to be moved to a different apartment in order for them to make repairs, but no word yet when that will be.

Briefly scanned the headlines but nothing jumped out except the usual propaganda. Not worth commenting.

Last, but not least. This is for Cederq:

Stay warm out there!


 

8 comments:

Cederq said...

Are you making fun of my 'Neener, neener, neenering?" I like that jacket, might find one and wear it to a C&W bar with a dance floor! Lastly, and most leastly, "YOU ARE NOT THE BOSS OF ME!" I could be poopy pants about it...

wendyworn said...

we don't allow poopy pants round these parts...LOL

JL said...

I know how your dad feels. I was in his shoes, night before last. Fortunately I was able to shut the water intake off before more water damage happened. Ruptured pipe from the cold snap. About $20 of pex fixed the problem but it was a hell of a way to find out about it.

Thank God I'm moving next week anyway.

MrHappy said...

That song was pretty childish, which is why I liked it.
Good luck on your interviews next week.

wendyworn said...

thanks Mr Happy!

wendyworn said...

Sorry to hear that JL! Glad you were able to fix it.

Tree Mike said...

Good luck on your interviews next week and good luck hot water. Thanks for the Doyle and Debbie rabbit hole, they're good!

wendyworn said...

thanks mike!