Monday, January 1, 2024

Welcome 2024


I stole that meme from Phil and Cederq over at bustednuckles.com this morning. Saved me the trouble of having to look for one myself. I hope everyone has a great day today.

The manager of the RV park stopped by yesterday to personally invite us to come for burgers down at the little store to celebrate New Years. I'm planning on going down and visiting for a while and then I will have them make a burger to bring back for my husband. It should be fun (I'm normally not one for socializing but it may give me a chance to meet my neighbors.)

Now the bad news. I'm having some serious computer issues. My computer will just randomly shut off, usually right when I'm in the middle of something. I then have to wait at least half an hour for it to cool down then it takes another half an hour before I can use my browser again. I have no money to replace it, so once it shuts off for good, I'm done. If that happens I will let Cederq know and he can post an update at bustednuckles. Let's pray it continues to come back on.

Take care out there.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a retired tech support, sounds like overheating. Have your local tech guy to spray compressed air inside the tower case to clean the fans and openings. If it's a laptop there is still a fan and duct from the CPU that can be cleaned. If it's a sealed case, well, check the drives for anything important and save it somehow. I don't have any relationn to discountelectronics.com but I buy all my computers there. They're old but cheap.

Peteforester said...

I agree with Anon. Your machine is overheating. Does your machine have a fan? If so, is it coming one? Fans can go bad. If he fan is coming on, do what anon said; blow compressed air through the fan' outlet and intakes. You'd be ASTOUNDED as to how much dust, lint, and other debris can accumulate in the air path! If you don't hear the fan spin up every once in a while, including when the machine first boots up, your fan is bad. Again, before tossing the machine, try blowing compressed air through the intake and exhaust vents. There may be so much debris in there, the fan my be bound up by it. This is especially true if you're wont to do your typing with the laptop sitting on your blanket in bed or the like.

Good luck, and happy New Year. God be with you and yours!

Peteforester said...

Oh; and one more thing; before doing ANYTHING else, back all your important stuff onto a thumb drive!

wendyworn said...

its a laptop - but I will get some compressed air and see what I can do. thanks for the tips!

Anonymous said...

Make sure its off when you blow in the air. I didnt once and ended up breaking the fan.

Exile1981

Anonymous said...

If the fan ends up being bad, amazon usually has a decent replacement.

Good luck.
Tom762