Sunday, May 14, 2023

Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day. The first Mother's Day since my mom passed away last November. For most of my life I had a rocky relationship with mom. There were many times we did not get along and times when I wasn't speaking to her. But the last 10 years or so, we were closer than we had ever been.

Going through the mother's day songs on you-tube, most of them did not really apply. But I found one that did. This has been a very hard day for me. I miss her terribly. 


 

3 comments:

Steve said...

I got the best mothers day gift of all....all the wimmins in my family went to a ballet in Austin.....and told me I didn't have to go along!!!!!
Tickets-waaaay toooo much
Alone time with no encumbrance.....
Priceless!!!

wendyworn said...

That is a great present Steve! alone time is the best!

Cederq said...

We look back to what was and what could have been. A loss of a relationship that is important to you even if at times you can't see it or want too and then reconcile that mother/daughter time and it is precious and it ends well too soon. I am saddened of the loss of your mother, my mother has been gone since 2007 as well as my father and every day I am thinking about them. I would trade one month with them for the rest of my life, so much to say and talk about and hugging and just sit quietly, not saying anything and basking in their love.