Saturday, September 5, 2026

In A Pickle

 

Just a little update. Cederq is home from the hospital and BearClaw is looking after him, so he is in good hands on his road to recovery.

Work is literally chaos with new surprises everyday, but the Lord is getting me through. There is a reason they call it long suffering! I even have to work tomorrow. So much for a three day weekend. 

I want to talk about pickles, but first let's talk about calcium chloride. Calcium chloride is a chemical that they use as a de-icer. It is what they spray on the roads in the winter time. It is also now in every jar of pickles. It is considered GRAS (generally recognized as safe). Generally recognized by whom???? 

So I went to the grocery store for a jar of pickles, specifically dill pickles because I like to have some pickles on my cheeseburgers or cut up in my tuna – or sometimes just pull one out of the jar and eat it plain. Well, not anymore. There were 100 different varieties of pickles at the store; sweet pickles, bread and butter, spicy, kosher, organic. Every single jar had calcium chloride in it. Even the organic brands. How can you call it organic if it has de-icer in it? So yes I was very irritated. They say it is a firming agent. They say a lot of things.

They suck. 

So instead of buying pickles, I bought some mini cucumbers and I'm going to attempt to make refrigerator pickles on Monday. Please pray for my success. 

My husband is doing well for the most part. Status quo mainly but that is good. We are trying to survive the heat. 

I have other things I could write about but I don't feel like the Lord wants me to spend my time on that stuff anymore (Spokane for instance). The enemy isn't far away in some war anymore or the next town over. He is here in my own backyard. He has infiltrated my computer and nothing works the same as it did back in the day anymore. I'm surrounded by people who hate the Lord and plot to do evil to their neighbors. The spiritual war is hot now and I'm under constant attack. People will look you in the eye and lie to your face. And they are not even convincing lies anymore either. Just utter garbage. But we wrestle not against flesh and blood and we have to remember that. 

My advice: Lean on the Lord with all your might. Pray without ceasing. Bring every need to the Lord and trust that He will take care of you. We weren't promised a pantry that would make the top prepper's drool, but our prayer is that He will give us this day our daily bread. The Lord will protect us from what is coming. Trust the Lord with every detail of your life, no matter how small. 

Not quite sure how to end this, so I'll just sign off. Love you guys.

Take care out there. 

No comments: