Thursday, April 18, 2024

Short Staffed

Our department was already short staffed the day I was hired. There are three of us in training. One old lady (me), and a couple of Millennials. I’m sure I don’t have to tell anyone who reads this blog about Millennials and their work ethic. But it is what it is.

Now, on top of that, we are down one employee who is sick (we don’t know when she will be able to return) and another girl who just gave her two week notice and will only be here through the end of April. Ouch.

The boss has increased my hours in the hopes that I can get trained faster. I’m helping by agreeing to the extra hours and praying that I can absorb the information. I need to be good at this job. So far, I’m progressing well and every day new responsibilities are being added. I like the way they are training. Get a grasp on one area and then slowly add on the next layer and the next. 

Next week I am scheduled 60 hours. It sounds worse than it is. The overtime will be sweet and will help us get caught up financially. I’ll try to keep you posted if I get a chance.

Hope everyone is doing well. Take care out there.

Sorry for the weird format. I wrote it from work and sent to myself in an email.  I can't seem to fix it. 

2 comments:

Cederq said...

HEY! You sent something! You could have written in arabic and I would have used goooogled translator to read it! It's all good! Two weeks, is it the young'un we discussed at length? If they are willing to pay overtime to you to train you up faster, you must have tremendous potential your boss sees! Maybe a bright, gainfully employed future awaits you, just pray they don't make you get jabbed up in the next scamdemic or you lose a good job!

Justin_O_Guy said...

It's Good to be needed. Keep Shining. Right now you're stressed, trying to absorb it all, increasingly away from home, learning
Time management and developing a schedule for all of the Do This or Else stuff, hitting the store, cooking, meal prep shortcuts, Dammitall,, it sounds like a great opportunity, as long as you stay strong while you learn How to cover those bases. Your team of cheerleaders is thinking of you and yours. Glad you found time to let us know how it's going.
Don't forget to be Thankful.