Saturday, September 12, 2026

All is Well

Bustednuckles is back up. My refrigerator pickles turned out excellent! The recipe was from here:

Refrigerator Dill Pickles

It is super stormy outside, but we are cozy in our little home and having breaded flounder with homemade tarter sauce (with my yummy pickles in it!) and french fries. The Lord is so abundant in the little things of life. Things are peaceful here. All is well.

Take care out there!

6 comments:

Cederq said...

I surely did not get an invite to what sounds like a scrumptious dinner! I like flounder! I used to go deep sea fishing off of the Oregon and Washington coasts and would fish for flounder, halibut and cod., use to throw back the salmon and sea bass or give it to those less a fisherperson than I was, hate salmon!

Glad your pickles turned out, may you have some next spring when I do my southerly jaunt to parts I haven't been yet and pass by yours and WWW, Bear Claw and others in Texas humble abodes to meet and put a face to your typing fingers.

wendyworn said...

I will definitely make you some pickles when you come out this way. My husband and I are thinking of variations we can try - like putting sliced jalapeƱos or green onions in the jars and make some spicy pickles. I'll let you know how they turn out.

Birdchaser said...

Went flounder gigging a couple of nights ago, so many you could pick them up by hand. Got a couple of limits in an hour, enough to freeze for the winter. Now for some of those pickles.

wendyworn said...

Nice Birdchaser! - yeah - those pickles were perfect in the tarter sauce - of course now I'm eating them straight out of the jar - so I will have to make more soon!

Bear Claw Chris Lapp said...

Hope this post finds you well Wendy, was just thinking about you and your family. Take care

wendyworn said...

Thanks Bear Claw! hope you are doing good as well!