Friday, September 24, 2021

Day 4: Part One - Point of Rocks

Point of Rocks is the name of the little town I woke up in this morning. Its actually not much of a town, just a gas station slash RV park (with excellent wifi LOL)!

I woke up this morning thinking my next post was going to be: “Sorry I can no longer post here for the remainder of the trip. Due to circumstances beyond my control.”

It actually started yesterday. This dawning realization that there was a problem. I said something to my husband – a couple of times actually – but he kept saying, “these things take time to cool.”

I got up this morning and made coffee. After wrestling in my mind for a few minutes I recognized this for what it was. An attack from the adversary. When you set your mind to follow the Lord and go where He wants you to go – the adversary is going to attack you. The first thing the adversary will try to do is make you doubt God. Did God really tell you to move to Texas? Doesn't God know that your husband has a strict diet because he has health issues? That sort of thing. I also recognized it as an opportunity to believe God bigger than we had before.

My husband got up and opened the fridge. “Yes honey, our fridge is broken.”

I said, “I'm so glad you said that! I thought maybe you were in denial or something.”

He laughed. We talked about the situation. I think at some level we were both hoping God was going to heal our fridge. But God doesn't really work like that normally. We did recognize that this was an attack from the adversary and we were going to have to have a temporary solution. We are going to have to throw out most of the food, and we will have shrimp for dinner from the freezer that is still cold at the moment.

Next stop – Rawlins - for a cooler and some ice.


 

No comments: