Sunday, September 26, 2021

Day 6: We may not be leaving Kansas, Dorothy


During the preparations for our move my husband and I had several conversations about the same topic. We discussed it a couple of times and were in agreement that this was what the Lord was telling us. It was that if we broke down somewhere before we got to Texas than it was God's will. That God wanted us there for whatever reason that only He knows.

My husband actually brought up the conversation again that first night when we seemed to be stranded because of the overflow tank. “Well,” he said, “I guess this is where God wants us forever.”

“No”, I answered, chuckling to myself. He was still upset at the time. “I know God wants us out of Oregon. After that, I'm not so sure.”

The RV started out this morning running really rough. We actually believed we got some bad gas that was affecting it and it didn't help that Kansas was having a record breaking heat wave. It probably would have been OK if Kansas was flat like people think – but Kansas is NOT flat. It is hill – valley – hill – valley – all the way. At least the part of Kansas that we were in.

We took an exit that had an RV park and a gas station. The RV park had a locked gate and no people although there were RV's parked there. My husband had to pull off to the side of the road under the shade of a tree because the RV was close to dying. I said, “Let's stay here for an hour and look at our options.”

The RV was not going to be able to make it to Texas in it's present condition. We counted the money. OK – we have some money, but not enough to get the RV worked on AND go to Texas. My husband jokingly said we should make a break for it and abandon the RV and drive to Texas in the car. I said, “what about the tow dolly. We have to return it.” Hhmmmm.

“if we were in Oregon – do you think the Lord could have convinced us to move to Kansas?” I asked.

 “Not very likely,” my husband answered, “Why would we move to Kansas?'

“Exactly,” I said.

We had the beginnings of a plan. We drove back to the gas station and asked about the RV park. It was online registration only. We have no smart phones and no internet. The girl was very sweet so she used her phone to register us and then called the owner (who is a regular of hers and is on a first name basis with) to get the code so we could get in.

We parked and hooked up and had decent internet. Today is Sunday and everything is basically closed.

We can't really do anything today. Phone calls will have to made tomorrow – we have a general idea of what we have to do.

I like to have some sort of confirmation that this was the direction the Lord wanted us to go. So I typed, “walking by the Spirit of God. What do we do?” I know – it seems like a really corny thing to do. But I came across a blog post by a man named Tony Evans. This section hit the nail right on the head:

Walking is continuous. Like the filling of the Holy Spirit, our walk in the Spirit is ongoing, so we must maintain our dedication. To walk is to continue taking one step after another.”

Wow. You can read the entire post here: 

Walking in the Spirit | Tony Evans

One step after another. We can do that. Thank you Lord!

No comments: