Monday, January 30, 2023

Oh SNAP!

Sometime during the “pandemic” the government decided to increase the food stamp allotment by 95 dollars a month. Starting in February and for some states March, that $95 in extra food stamps is going away. Zero Hedge has the story here:

Millions To See Food Stamp Payment Decrease After February, Federal Agency Says

Seeing how food prices are going through the roof these days and rising, this will really be a severe crunch for those families that are affected. According to the article, 42 million people are currently on food stamps. I would really like to know how many of them are illegal aliens? Anyway, I suspect that at some point in the future, they will stop all food stamp allotments. I'm sure that first they will begin telling the recipients what they can and can not buy with said food stamps.

I read a lot of headlines about upcoming food riots. Just some predictive programming to soften up the public. Considering there is an ongoing war against us by destroying whatever food related companies they can get their hands on, I don't doubt there will be food riots in our future.

Buy some extra canned goods while you can. Take care out there.


 

8 comments:

Cederq said...

It is going to be epic! Now, because of my disability, I do receive EBT benefits of a grand amount of $23.00 a month, my penitents for being white, older single male on disability and having a very well paid job as a nurse until that condition that prompted me to not be able to work. I am receiving $256 extra a month for EBT and I too received an email stating it is ending in February. So, am I going to riot and cause mayhem? No. I have been using those extra bucks to stock more canned goods, coffee, and beans. I view even the paltry amount as a supplement and most view that as their whole food budget. Thanks to my dad who was an accountant to teach me how to budget and money management. I live below my means and have been to save and have some small pleasures. If it all falls apart, and it will, I will adjust and accommodate and persevere. Will I riot and loot? No, but I will be the grey man and exact my revenge to those that caused this.

wendyworn said...

good job on using that extra for prepping. I think a lot of us are planning on the gray man route as well

Steve said...

Use that "extra money" to stock up or set aside?!?! Snicker, snort, chortle. Have you ever seen the "welfare dependent " spawn do anything like that?

Cederq said...

Are still asleep today?

wendyworn said...

Lol! Nope - getting ready to put up a new post shortly

TechieDude said...

I read a book sometime back called "the Great Reckoning" that had a chapter appropriately named "When the Music Stops" about what'll happen when the economy blows and the gubmint has to cut back.

They will have no choice. There are things that are mandated by law, such as social security, medicare and the like. Then there's the rest - like welfare.

They'll means test the shit out of it. They'll have no choice.

One thing for sure, me and the missus will be seen as rich wypipo, and probably won't see a nickel of anything.

I've heard Purina One is one of the more palatable dog foods...

TechieDude said...

Cederq -"Thanks to my dad who was an accountant to teach me how to budget"

My wife is an accountant and taught our kids. My mom grew up poor, so she's who taught all of us.

Since I've worked from home (over 20 years), I'm the one what does the grocery shopping. I remember taking my kids to the store when they were young, pointing out how they could eat well for under $20 a week. I'm sure you can still eat for that amount, but not as well. Back then, a dozen eggs was $1 or so.

wendyworn said...

TechieDude - I remember when you could find coupons for 4 loaves of bread for a buck. Now it's practically 4 bucks for a loaf. I'm sure it will be worse before it gets better. sigh!

Plus - now that I'm almost old enough to get on Social Security - It will be all gone before I get there. I'm sure I'll never be able to collect any of that money I paid into all my life.