Monday, January 2, 2023

Shrinkflation: Burger King Style


So I drove into town the other day and saw a very sad sight. Some guy had the back of his truck filled with cases of water. At least 20 to 30 cases. It looks like he went to turn out of the parking lot and the tail gate came down and all the cases of water slid out and smashed onto the street. Most of them were totally destroyed. So much for that days preps.

I went through the drive thru at Burger King. Two Whoppers with Cheese and one large fries. $20.95. Ouch.

When I got home I took the bottom bun off in order to add some ketchup. There was a hole in the middle of the burger the size of a quarter. I told my husband about it and he checked his burger. Sure enough a quarter sized hole in the middle of the patty. So the burgers were more expensive and had less meat.

It's just a little thing – but I think we will continue to see similar things in the future. Sigh.

2 comments:

Cederq said...

I see that as fraud... You are supposed to get at least a quarter pound of meat. I don't stop at fast food places unless I have no other choice. Especially if I am out and about and my glucose level drops and I need some protein and have used my candy or crackers. Fast food just doesn't taste as it use too, and the prices they charge now, highway robbery it is! No BK burger is worth 10 bucks! This is what you get when you pay hamburger flippers $15 to $18 bucks an hour, it is a low paying,, minimum wage job, for kids to learn to work and budget, not raise a family and buy a house on. Bottom wages go up, prices of everything goes up, even I understand basic economics for dummies... Okay, rant over. Did you enjoy them?

wendyworn said...

no - they weren't that tasty. waste of money