Saturday, May 28, 2022

A Future and A Hope

Years ago, when I was living in Wyoming with my aunt, she gave me this little plaque. It was a confirmation at the time, because the Lord had given me that verse to cling to, when I was having a rough period. Jeremiah 29:11.

That verse, unfortunately, has been Mandela effected. Now in my personal King James bible, the one that I have owned since I first got saved almost 30 years ago, the words have been changed. Jeremiah 29:11 now says:

“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you an expected end.” - Jeremiah 29:11.

Blue Letter Bible will back me up that the words are different now. When you are feeling hopeless, what kind of “expected end” would you expect? Where is the hope? Where is the future? Now the verse promises an expected end. If I read that now, for the first time, what kind of end would I expect? A sucky one, that's for sure.

Thank God, I have proof that it once said something else. Here is the post that has that picture. That was in 2011!

As I was driving home from picking up take-out sushi for my husbands birthday this morning, someone on the radio quoted that verse – the way it use to be – with a future and a hope. I felt the Lord tell me that the verse still stands, even though the adversary has tried to take the hope out of it. God is the same yesterday, and today, and will be the same tomorrow. He laughs at these douchebags bragging of all the evil things they plan on doing to us. God has a plan for us that includes a future and a hope. Trust in Him, He cares very deeply about us.

What a great way to start the holiday weekend. The Lord is thwarting their sinister plots even now. You should still make sure that you are prepared with food, water, gas etc. But in the Lord, we have hope for the future. Take care out there.


 

No comments: