Sunday, June 12, 2022

Rabbit Holes

 

On any given morning, while I am walking the dog, we see 5 or 6 little brown bunnies with white fluffy tails out in the field, frolicking around. These are not the kind of rabbit holes I will be talking about.

(side note: As I was driving home from the store the other day, I had to stop the car. A turtle was crossing the road! He was walking very slow and then stopped in the middle of the street, right in front of my car. He slowly turned his head to look at me. Then he turned his head back and continued until he got to the other side. It was so cute and ironic. I have never seen a wild turtle in my life before that. But, I digress.)

Almost every day, it will be sun-shining and beautiful. But, when I look up, I can see the planes going by, leaving long white trails behind them. If it seems especially heavy, I know there will be a major storm in the evening. It has become a pattern. When I bring the dog back into house, I tell my husband that a storm is coming. Then it will be horribly hot and humid for the rest of the day. Sure enough, in the evening, the sky will be filled with thick black clouds and the lightning will start.

The storms are unnatural. Not just because I know they are caused by outside forces. The lightning is weird. It is like strobe lights going off above the clouds and most times there isn't any thunder. It is malevolent. This happens almost nightly. Roughly, every fifth storm is really bad. Wind and thunder and huge hailstorms. About a month ago, the storm was so bad that it washed out a massive chunk of I-70 going east, right past the exit to Chapman. I mean, there is a CRATER there now with jagged edges of what use to be the highway hanging on both sides. They've had to divert the traffic to the west bound lanes in order to get to Junction City.

I figured that someone has to be behind it. I wondered who, so I began doing some research. Well, I hit the mother load. Unfortunately it will take several blog posts to unpack it all. I won't be able to post more about it today because there is a heat advisory. It is possibly going to get into the triple digits and I have to try to get some things done before it gets too hot. Oh – and there is the possibility of – you guessed it – thunderstorms.

To Be Continued

No comments: