Thursday, June 23, 2022

Road Kill Moments

A couple of weeks ago, on our morning walk, the dog and I passed a little dead frog. It looked like it had been fairly recently run over and was flat on the road. I turned my head away quickly, not wanting the vision to burn into my retinas or anything. The dog was oblivious to it and just kept walking.

We basically take the same route every day. The little dead frog just got grayer and flatter, more and more an actual part of the pavement. I was surprised that the dog never sniffed it or paid any attention to it at all, since she smells everything – being a pure blooded beagle.

This morning, without missing a beat, or any kind of hesitation, the dog put her head down and licked that frog off the road and ate it right in front of me.

Ewwwww. So. Very. Gross.

“I can not believe you just did that!” I said as I pulled her away from the spot. I think she wanted to see if there were more snacks there. I swear, she actually grinned at me. She never got sick or anything either, surprisingly. Stupid dog.

Anyhoo. At least I won't have to see it there anymore.

Yuck.

2 comments:

Cederq said...

That and eating cat poop... yuch!

wendyworn said...

totally yucky!