Sunday, February 6, 2022

Tokyo

Most of the snow has melted. I watched out the window as a boy with a shovel built himself a snow bunker complete with bug out bag. Well, there was a backpack in there anyway. I think, given enough snow and time, this boy could actually construct a working igloo. As it was, he got bored and abandoned it. 

My husband asked me a week ago where I wanted to go for dinner for my birthday. (It is tomorrow – not saying how old I will be.) I thought about it several times but really couldn't think of anything. Thursday my husband said he found the perfect place for us to go out. There is a sushi bar in Junction City called Tokyo. We looked at the menu and everything looked great. Yesterday we drove over there for lunch. We were not disappointed.

The Tokyo restaurant was very high end inside and the food was excellent! I ordered the Kansas roll in honor of us now living in Kansas, but I don't recommend it. But the Captain Crunch roll was excellent. My husband always orders fried calamari when we go out for sushi – and I've tasted it before. I really don't like to eat fried rubber. But the fried calamari at Tokyo was delicious! They also made PERFECT little fried dumplings. We will definitely be going there again. They are a little pricey but well worth it. We had a great time. 

Today I will be doing chores and gearing up for the work week. My dad is still in the hospital so please continue to pray for him. Everyone take care of yourselves. Love you!

No comments: