Monday, March 28, 2022

It's Delicious!

As sick as my husband is, he still likes to mess with me. He told me that whatever I put in front of him for dinner, that he would eat it and say, “it's delicious” no matter what. Which makes me paranoid of course. Was it really delicious? Or are you just saying that?

My husband and I think about food in totally different ways. He is more a 'steak and potatoes' person, and I am more of a casserole person. Or, as they say in Minnesota, a hot dish. My attempts at cooking a steak leave much to be desired, and a casserole is an excellent way to use up the various veggies I have on hand. 

In my effort to finally get rid of this stupid little bag of baby carrots, I spent some time looking through recipes online. I found this recipe for ground beef wellington – that called for carrots among other things:

Poor Man's Beef Wellington

I did add some Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard and some paprika. I used thyme instead of rosemary since I had some fresh thyme. The recipe looked super easy but total time including prep was around 5 hours. Probably will not be making it again anytime soon because of that. No-one needs to spend that much time on a Sunday.

“It's delicious” my husband said. It actually was delicious, so I ignored the attempt to get a rise out of me. (All in fun). He thought it could use a little gravy and I thought maybe some ketchup. But all in all – yummy, with some leftovers for dinner tonight.

Gotta get ready for work. Take care out there.  

No comments: