Wednesday, March 23, 2022

On the Necessity of Ice Cream

A half-gallon of Breyer's Natural Vanilla ice cream currently costs $5.69 at the grocery store. The economy is tanking as we speak so it will probably get more expensive as time goes on. We go through about 1.5 gallons a week. That's $17.07 a week, approximately $68.28 a month, just for ice cream. 

We were talking about where we could cut costs yesterday, and ice cream came up. It is a luxury item and an expensive one at that. So, after discussing it at length, we concluded that we would not buy any more ice cream and save some money. Of course, my husband got very sad at the decision. 

Since we would be abstaining, we decided we should each have a bowl. As I was putting the carton back in the freezer, I felt the Lord saying, now is not the time to fast. 

My husband is getting worse every day and could literally go suddenly, or linger on for a couple more years, we just don't know. But, however long he has, he should have some ice cream on the way.

It is 8:20am in the morning as I write this. I heard my husband sigh heavily. I said, “Honey, can I get you anything?” He said, “maybe I should have some ice cream.” I laughed. I told him that I was literally writing a blog post about it right now. I will be starting work soon, so I am going to post this and then get my husband some ice cream. Now is the time to eat ice cream. While we still can I guess. Take care out there.

 

No comments: