Wednesday, July 12, 2023

This Channel Does Not Exist

 

Last night I was watching a You-Tube video from Brendon Lee O'Connell. It was a couple hours long and I was getting tired. So I paused the video and went to bed. When I got up this morning I pushed play. The video disappeared and in its place was a page stating that the channel does not exist.

I've seen this happen before. Usually there is a page that states that the channel was terminated because of repeated violations of the Community Guidelines or something to that effect. Or that the channel was taken down by the owner, etc. But now it just doesn't exist. Did it ever exist? It existed yesterday but not today?

I'm sure that the channel was terminated for whatever reason or Brendon took it down, but the use of the phrase, “does not exist” bothers me so badly.

Have you seen the movie “Yesterday”? It is an excellent movie. The premise of the movie is that this guy gets into an accident and when he wakes up the Beatles never existed. I feel in a lot of ways that the movie is mocking those of us who know – that certain things from our childhood no longer exist in this reality.

Here is the trailer:


Regardless (or irregardless, whichever it is) Brendon's channel no longer exists. Too bad.

Anyway – take care out there.

4 comments:

Cederq said...

Welcome to your (our) Twilight Zone. Please stow your seat table and your seat to an upright position and your seatbelt fastened. We are experiencing some turbulence...

Unless it is in your hands and you can feel it and touch it, do not believe anything they tell you.

wendyworn said...

my feelings exactly

clayusmcret said...

Awesome movie. Great comparison.

wendyworn said...

thanks anon!