Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Cold Morning


I know, I know. After sweating my ass off for months, it doesn't mean I'm ready for winter. This morning was actually cold in the house. Yesterday was the first day that we turned off the air conditioning. I pulled out my warm slippers and put on my sweat pants instead of shorts.

I guess we will need to call the heater guy. He should be done with his emergency air conditioning fixes finally.

I had a four day weekend which was really nice. I got a lot done around the house. Made a big batch of pasta salad or antipasta as they call it. It was yummy.

I was eating some really tasty non-gmo crackers with slices of summer sausage when I heard a big crunch. I broke a tooth. Wonderful. Now my tongue won't stop going to the spot.

The internet guy was scheduled to come out on Thursday but called to say he was in the area and if he could come out Saturday instead. So the internet is all squared away, but I will still take Thursday off. The PTO is already approved.

Of course I looked to see what our new spot was going to be before we moved and it was 43. But after we got all settled in the new spot – it was 39. I'm sure that it was just that the owners deciding to re-number all the spots and didn't bother to tell us. You know that my mind went straight to the mandela effect when it first happened. Lol.

Anyway, back to work today. Take care out there everyone!

Just for John Wilder:


6 comments:

Cederq said...

I am glad the heat is off of you. I rather like autumn, cool days, cooler evenings. Time to think about thick chilis and cornbread and think soups and drinking tea in the evenings. I enjoy bracing for winter and staying inside while the snow fly. Sorry you chipped a toofers! Is it bad? A front tooth or a molar? Can you get it fixed? I hate when your tongue searches out an abnormity in your mouth, like it has a mind of it's own. I had a premolar pulled about ten years ago and I catch my tongue feeling around the hole...

Mandela effect over a number? Man, like the kid on Terminator 2 I believe, "We ain't gonna make it, aren't we?"

Cederq said...

Oh, comments for a couple of weeks may be spotty, helping my brother at his place doing some fence work and hand digging a French Drain on the side of his house, fun, huh?

wendyworn said...

thanks for letting me know - I'll miss you!

wendyworn said...

it was a molar

John Wilder said...

(Cue X-Files theme)

wendyworn said...

Lol - see above John