Thursday, October 14, 2021

Family Buffet

It was a good morning. I made breakfast, did the dishes, walked the dog and did a load of laundry. I was at the spot on the list where I would have to start doing stuff I don't really like to do. As I was contemplating getting out the vacuum, my husband said suddenly, “Let's go do something. I want to get out of the house.”

Music to my ears. So I spent some time looking online for things to do in the area. They do have a nice dinner train trip you can do on Saturday nights. There were some other day time train trips. One was a train trip from Abilene to Enterprise with a tour of Enterprise and lunch. We kind of laughed about that one. We already drove to Enterprise one day last week. (It is about 5 miles down the road from I-70). It really wasn't anything to write home about.

There are a lot of museums around. There is the greyhound museum in Abilene and the racing car museum in Chapman, plus several in other towns. My husband can't do a lot of walking so that kind of rules out museums. Although we still want to go watch greyhound racing when the season opens up again.

Somehow the conversation turned to Chinese buffets. There use to be one in Abilene but the phone number doesn't work and their last post on their facebook page was in 2017. We found one in Junction City. I called them to make sure they were still open and that they were still a buffet. “Yes! Family buffet!” the man said on the phone. He sounded pretty authentic.

We drove to Junction City and had a nice lunch at a real chinese buffet. All the buffet's in Oregon are closed now because everyone there is afraid of germs. Not here in Kansas, we can still have yummy buffets here. Plus, all the stores and restaurants have signs on the front doors, saying, masks required, but everyone just ignores them and no one wears masks. I love it.

We were super-full driving home. That about covers dinner as well.

No comments: