Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Things to do while you wait

As I walk the dog in the morning I think about what I should write about on my blog. I don't want to write just for the sake of posting something. I want it to matter, to be important to whomever may be reading it. Sometimes I'm just posting stuff so my parents know we are doing okay and getting out of the house once in a while. It saves minutes on my phone.

We currently don't have an income. That would normally bother me, but I have been on this road before and trust the Lord to make sure that our bills get paid and we have food to eat. I'm applying for jobs but I trust God on the outcome. I try not to write about the state of the country too much or the insanity of everything these days. Which is why I don't always write everyday. I spend a lot of time researching on line and have seen many doom and gloom dates come and go without incident. But it is impossible not to see the signs of the times everywhere.

Strangely, I find a lot of inspiration and hope in the daily sermons posted on tonyevans.org. Right before my back went out last week the sermon was titled, “Never give up.” This morning it was called “Praying for Change” and it was a sermon he had done 30 years ago. But God changes not and the things he talked about were exactly what I needed to hear today. He was talking about the book of Nehemiah and how God had placed Nehemiah right where he needed to be to accomplish God's will. The way Tony described it, it was like Nehemiah didn't even realize how being the king's cup-bearer made it possible to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem. It made me think about where God has placed me. Smack dab in the center of the country, far away from any borders, in the middle of no-where.

So while I wait for answers, I have a nice little routine I set for myself. Get up early, have coffee, make breakfast, do the dishes, walk the dog. I pray a lot about the state of our country and what the future holds. I take things one day at a time, trusting the Father has a plan for us that will be revealed in due time.

No comments: