Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Storms

Thunder woke me up in the middle of the night. I opened my bedroom shade so I could watch the lightning. I really love a good thunder and lightning storm. When you see the lightning flash you are supposed to count, one one-thousand, two one-thousand, three one-thousand, until you hear the thunder. That is to tell you how many miles away the storm is. It was about four one-thousands away from us.

This was the most rainfall we have had since we have been in Kansas. In Oregon it rains all the time so you get used to it. I love the sound of the rain on the roof. I was tempted to wake up my husband so he could watch the storm with me. He loves a good lightning and thunder storm too. But I decided to let him sleep. I will tell him about it in the morning.

I laid on the bed and watched the storm for about 20 minutes. The sound of the rain on the roof lulled me back to sleep. I woke up a few hours later and the storm was still raging. I smiled and rolled back over. It was a good night's sleep.

No comments: