Wednesday, January 19, 2022

My Buddy Steve - part 2

My husband has an assignment from the Lord to pay back his buddy Steve the 500 dollars he borrowed from him years ago. My husband hasn't said much about it, but I am thinking this was a harder assignment for him than he is letting on. 

He called and left a message at the phone number he found online. "The Lord told me to pay you back this $500 so call me back." (not the wording I would have used - but this is my husband's assignment not mine.) No one called him back, which I think stressed him out - cuz he was kind of grumpy for a day or two. 

So yesterday, while I was working, he wrote a letter and a check. He read the letter to me. I can't remember all of it but part of it was, "God told me he isn't going to talk to me until I handle this situation." 

"Did God really say that?" I asked him. "Basically." my husband responded. "Wow." was all I could say.

After work I drove into town to mail his letter. I made sure it went right in the stamped mail slot. Good, I thought, that's done. Assignment complete.  

No comments: