Sunday, January 16, 2022

My Buddy Steve

My husband and I have been married for almost 8 years. Many times, during our marriage he would tell me about times in his past. The stories almost always started out with, “My buddy Steve...”

Last night the Lord woke me up to turn on the water. I didn't really want to get up just then and thought that maybe the water was already on. It is way below freezing outside. But I obeyed, and sure enough, the water was off. I turned the bathroom and kitchen faucets on a trickle so the pipes don't freeze. Thank you Lord!

My husband was awake and said something to me in the dark. I turned on the light and sat next to him. He started talking and I didn't understand what he was saying at first. I told him to start over and tell me again. 

“I was praying last night,” he explained, “and usually if I hear from the Lord it is really quiet, but this time it was LOUD.”

“What did the Lord say?” I asked.

“He told me to find my buddy Steve and pay him back the five hundred dollars I owe him.” My husband was actually kind of shaken up by the revelation. 

We talked about it for a little while and I said, “Well, if the Lord is telling you to find him and pay him back then that is what you need to do.” My husband agreed. I turned off the light and we both went back to bed.

When I got up this morning, my husband was already awake. He was sitting in his chair looking up his buddy Steve online.

“Your first assignment from the Lord. It's exciting!” I told my husband with a grin. “Yeah.” he said. I think he was excited too. He may have found him, but so far has not been able to find a phone number. It is way too early to call at this point. He will just have to keep looking. I'll keep you posted on what happens next. 

No comments: