Monday, January 10, 2022

Your Feet Shod with the Gospel of Peace

 

I got another email newsletter from Christine Beadsworth yesterday. I love her. Once again she was talking about literally stuff going on in my personal life. Here is her latest podcast:

Moving out of the Marketplace

I looked up all her old teachings that she mentioned in this podcast. Here is the link to her download page where you can look at her older blog posts. The older teachings that she mentioned all had to do with having your feet shod with the right kind of shoes and the spiritual significance of shoes representing the gospel of peace. 

The reason this had such an impact on me was because I had shoe issues earlier in the week, when I posted about having cold feet until I found my snow boots. But it went deeper than that. Before I got her email, I had noticed that I needed to spend some time taking care of my feet. Due to the weather and having socks on all the time, my feet were really dry and I needed to trim my nails. I know it sounds gross, but I actually put spending some time taking care of my feet on my to do list. If I didn't add it to my list – it probably would have been ignored again. So it was already on my list when her email arrived.

God uses things in the natural realm to teach us about spiritual things. While shoes represent the gospel of peace – feet represent your spiritual walk. God talks about the wicked running to do evil. We see a lot of that these days. Our feet represent our spiritual walk with God, and the fact that God had really put it on my heart to spend some time taking care of my natural feet, and spending some time spiritually with Him was confirmed when I got Christine's newsletter. 

So I took some time to wash my feet and trim my nails. Instead of using lotion, I used a little henna oil and rubbed it in good. I also thought about how God needs to be a priority in my life and that just as I needed to take care of my natural feet, I also needed to take care of my feet spiritually. I need to be ready for what will be coming in the days ahead. 

Jesus told the apostle's to wash each other's feet. The bible also mentions that a virtuous woman would wash the feet of the saints. So today on my to-do list is to spend some time washing and taking care of my husband's foot. He can't really reach his foot and it get's overly dry too. So my advice is to take some time with the Lord and to take care of your feet. Be ready when the Lord calls. 

No comments: