Sunday, January 30, 2022

My Buddy Steve - Part 3

So to get away from all my computer screens – I have 4 – 3 for work and 1 personal – I decided to really take the day off and watch a movie with my husband. We were about half way through when my husband's cell phone rang. He answered and said hello. A minute later he said, “Oh! Hey Steve!”

I have not heard my husband laugh so hard in a long time. I sat back and listened with a smile on my face. 

Steve had received the letter and check that my husband had sent. But Steve no longer lived at that address. He had sold that house to a friend and the friend got the letter and gave it to Steve. (Wow!)

Steve said that he was keeping the check – but that he was never going to cash it. He was very happy to hear from my husband and said that he was one of the best friends he had ever had. He told my husband that he didn't want the money but that, “this should square things for you with God.”

I was practically crying I was so happy. “That worked out well,” I told my husband. “Wow that is such a God thing. Aren't you glad that this happened?”

“Yes,” my husband answered with a big grin.

We may not have heard the last of Steve. He is thinking about coming out to Kansas for a visit. He told my husband, “Let's keep in touch.” God is so awesome. That is something that has been bothering my husband for years, and now it is all washed away. Thank you God!

 

No comments: