Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Winter is Coming

The satellite guy showed up for about 20 minutes yesterday. He took a look around and said he had to order a bunch of stuff and promises to be back on Monday and actually do something. I will believe it when I see it.

The flags are gone on Buckeye Avenue. They have been replaced with big metal snowflakes with tiny white lights. I will have to come back and see them when it is dark. I stop and check the mail. Nothing but a newspaper with local holiday sales. I am waiting for the equipment for my new job and some medical supplies we ordered for my husband. I will have to check again tomorrow.

I stop by the store to get a few things. I find myself standing in front of a holiday display for teas. They have Pumpkin Spice and I am trying to decide if I should buy some. I love the concept of tea. All the beautiful boxes with flavors that sound so good. But my actual experience with tea has been fairly disappointing. I once bought a box of Spiced Apple tea. I made a big deal of heating up the water and getting out the cup. It smelled so good as I was steeping it that my mouth was watering by the time I could take a sip. Pardon my French but it really tasted like shit. That box is still taking up valuable space in my cabinet.

With the exception of Chamomile, I have not been able to find any teas that I really like. Once while I was social distancing in the check-out line at Bi-Mart, I found myself waiting in the tea aisle. Right at eye level was a box of Bigelow tea called Sleep. It was a Lavender and Chamomile blend. I decided to impulse buy it. Not only was it delicious, but it actually did help me sleep. I have never been able to find that tea again at the store. I have one individually wrapped tea bag left. I am saving it for the Zombie Apocalypse. Should be any day now. The Pumpkin Spice is six dollars a box. I decide not to buy it.

It is dark and cold outside this afternoon. It is dark in the house as well. I am really unmotivated to do anything and I have a sink full of dirty dishes that really need to be washed. I tell my husband that I don't really want to do anything today and he tells me I don't have to. SWEET! I'm just going to take it easy for the rest of the day.

No comments: