Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Raindrops


It was a busy morning. I made coffee for myself and then my husband when he woke up. I take 3 scoops, he takes 5. Fed the dog, then took her for a walk. Made omelets for breakfast. Ran into town to check the mail. Swung by the store, realized I forgot to mail my dad's letter. I will have to get it out tomorrow. Bought groceries. Stopped by the manager's and paid the rent. Came home, put away the groceries. Made lemon bars and washed the dishes. Made bean and cheese burritos for lunch. Called my liaison at my new job to let her know that my equipment hasn't shown up yet. She texted me back an hour later to let me know that it will be shipping out tomorrow. Sigh of relief.

As I was checking my list to see what was next to be done, it started raining. It doesn't rain very often here in Kansas. I love the sound of the rain. I looked to see what time it was. 2:45pm. I said to my husband, “It's 2:45 and it's raining. I think I'm going to take a nap and listen to the rain while I can. I think I've earned it. I won't be able to take naps next week when I'm working.” My husband said he was going to take a nap too. So we all (dog included) laid down for a nap. 

I slept for about an hour. This is what I'm listening to as I write this. Have a great day.



No comments: