Saturday, November 27, 2021

Pressure

Our Thanksgiving was nice. I drove to Junction City to pick up Thanksgiving dinners from Cracker Barrel that I had ordered the week before. It was really delicious! We had just enough leftovers for turkey sandwiches for dinner (which is the best part of Thanksgiving!) It was a wonderful day and my husband and I were happy with the way it turned out.

This morning, I drove into Abilene to check the mail and pick up groceries. The lights on the metal snowflakes on Buckeye Avenue are actually blue, not white, like I first thought. Hmmmm. My equipment for my new job has not shown up yet. I started to worry. My new job starts in little over a week. 

I started to feel some pressure about my responsibilities. My husband is down, letting his hernia heal. Making sure that everything runs smoothly in the household all falls on me. I was thinking about how I'm going to accomplish it all and work at the same time. I don't complain and I hide my feelings about it for the most part. I thought about that saying. You know, the one where they say it takes great pressure to turn coal into diamonds. It made me smile. Then I thought that they are probably lying about that too. Coal and diamonds could actually be two different naturally occurring elements. There is no way to check if it's true or not either. Lying bastards.

When I got home, I started to write this blog post, but the dog was sitting there staring at me. I could tell she wanted to take a walk. She has one of those permanently sad faces and big brown eyes so you could almost forget that she is a manipulative bitch. Someday, I will tell you the story about my relationship with her. I tell her, okay. I get my scarf on to cover my ears and put on my jacket because it is cold outside. Once we get outside, I'm kind of glad I have a dog. She's like a blessing and a curse. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have known that it is a beautiful day outside. 

We come back into the house and I start writing this post again. “I know you are feeling a lot of pressure,” my husband says. I was shocked that he knew that! I thought I was hiding it. I guess the Academy Award does not go to me. We talked about everything that I was worrying about and I felt much better. We are in agreement that God will make sure that all our needs are met, including little things that need to be done. I don't know if I said this or not, but I have the best husband ever. We have a really good relationship. Not sure I could handle all the dark things going on in the world if it wasn't for him. This post ended up being different than when I first sat down. I'm just thanking the Lord again, for how much He cares about my life and the many blessings he has given me. And especially for my good husband. 

No comments: