Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Driving towards the Daylight

I looked up from my computer and noticed the time. It was a quarter to eight am. “I gotta go,” I said to my husband, and kissed him good-bye.

I drove to Salina to take a drug test for my new job. We spent the day yesterday jumping through the hoops of digital paperwork. All the hoops would have been easy if we had smart phones or a printer or a scanner. But we don't. Luckily, I know how to be resourceful. I asked the landlady to print out the document I needed for the drug test. We used the camera's on our computer to take pictures of my ID and uploaded them to the right place. I called my prior employer and they emailed me a letter (on official letterhead) that stated when I was hired and when I separated that I was able to forward.

It's not a bad drive to Salina. It's about 30 minutes or so from where we live. The closer I got to Salina the darker it got. I actually had some interviews there last week and it always seems to be covered with thick black clouds. I thanked the Lord again, for my new job, and the fact that I did not get hired to any of the places I applied to in Salina. I would have hated that drive back and forth to work.

The drug test was over before I knew it and I was driving home again. Driving towards the daylight. Interesting that I found a song named that:




No comments: