Monday, November 1, 2021

Fresh Perspective

We moved to our permanent spot yesterday. It is one of the highest spots in the park, right next to the laundry room and the pool. (The pool is closed for the winter). We have a great view and are surrounded by wide open spaces with lots of grass. The dog really likes it and wants to sniff every inch. I have to ration her because it is just too cold to spend a lot of time out there. I guess the guy who was in this spot before us decided to steal the nice fire pit – leaving a pile of charcoal and ash on the grass. Jerk.

I noticed a bunch of tennis balls on the lawn, but once I got closer I realized they were some weird fruit that had fallen off the trees. I looked them up online and apparently they are called Osage-orange or hedge apples. Unfortunately they are not edible except for the seeds. Too bad.

When we first moved here gas was $2.99 a gallon. Last week it was $3.06 and this morning it was $3.09. When I went to the store there was a sign on the bread shelf apologizing for the lack of variety. They were out of Rye and Sourdough. Oh well, White it is. I suppose the evil plan will be to nickel and dime us to death. The adversary is getting pretty ballsy these days. I just remind myself that the Lord will be dealing with him shortly. God always wins. In the meantime, the waiting continues.

No comments: