Monday, November 15, 2021

Preparations

We have been getting things ready for my new remote from home job. Today the internet guy will be stopping by to set us up with a satellite dish so I have better internet. While we currently have wifi through the park, I need to be able to plug into a modem. We are also getting a home phone. Our current trac-phones are 3G and they will periodically go down for a day or two. Plus – they aren't allowing us to buy minutes online anymore, although I can still buy minutes at the store and enter it manually.

We bought a baby-gate. Lately, the dog has decided she likes to sit on the floor next to me and quietly whine. There is a whole back-story on how I feel about the dog that I am not going to get into right now. Let's just say, she is not my favorite. The baby-gate is to keep her out of my area while I am working. I love the baby-gate. It has already paid for itself because the dog is always under foot while I am cooking and pushes me up against the counter as she walks by. Now when I am going to cook I just grab the gate and block her out. It makes a huge difference.

My job begins in three weeks. I will have four weeks of training before I actually work with customers on my own. I can't wait to start. 

No comments: