Monday, November 29, 2021

Disappointment


So I'm disappointed in what I'm about to tell you. This is just an example of how everything is going in this world. There is just no getting away from it anymore.

Sometimes what to write on my blog comes easy based on what might have happened that day, or things going on in the world. Other days, I'm not so sure what to write so I had gotten in the habit of going to Tony Evan's website. There would be a little 15 minute sermon that he had done in the past posted on the main page. Granted the sermon was also filled with commercials about trips to Israel or his latest teaching series. The sermons were inspiring so I was willing to overlook the ads. 

I went to the website for a little inspiration today. Unfortunately the inspiration was in a different direction than what I had hoped. The little sermon audio was gone. In its place was a headline that states:  Your gift will help us continue sharing the hope and truth of Jesus Christ. Below it was a logo for Giving Tuesday. What happened to freely you have received, freely give? No more free word of God for you.

In the past, when I have missed a sermon on the front page, I could scroll down to where it said Sermons and click on it and it would take me to a page with his past sermon audio clips. So I clicked on the link to the sermon page. This time the link did not take me to the sermon page – it took me to the Apple store where I could download the free app to hear Tony Evan sermons. I'm not downloading the app because I don't have a smart phone. If you scroll down at the link it will let you know that yes, they will be collecting your data when you use the app. They promise none of the data will be linked to you. Yeah, I'm totally sure they are telling the truth on that one. So no more anonymously listening to Tony Evan's old sermons.  

I thought that I could at least sign up for the weekly email newsletter. I guess not without giving my mailing address. Why would I need to give my mailing address for an email newsletter? I was beginning to get very sad. 

On a whim I decided to look up Giving Tuesday (here) If you scroll past all the wonderful sounding fluff about giving and ways to do it, you come to the leadership supporter. Yep. Right there in big letters: Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. So there you go. Tony Evans has sold out to the enemy. Maybe he is not aware of what is going on with his website, but I doubt it. These are sad dark days indeed.  

UPDATE - the giving tuesday logo has been taken off Tony's website as of Dec. 1st. 

No comments: