Thursday, November 25, 2021

Thankfulness


I have a lot to be thankful for today. A year ago this month my husband was very sick and in the hospital. The hospitalist (who I did not like from the moment he opened his mouth) told us that my husband only had a few months to live, if that. My husband had serious health issues, but it was his hernia that was hurting him the most. They told him that they could not do surgery due to his other health conditions. They gave him a bunch of prescriptions, told him to see his regular doctor in a couple weeks, and sent him home. 

We went to see his regular doctor. His doctor recommended getting the you know what but my husband informed him we would NOT be getting the you know what. Then his doctor got very serious. He rolled his little stool over to us and put a hand on our knees. “I really think you should get the (you know what.) You know Donald and Melania both got it and Dr. Fauci is a brilliant virologist.” I had to bite my tongue at that point. Oh. You don't know how angry I got. If I would have said anything, I'm sure I would have started screaming at him and he would never had heard the end of it. We decided when we got home that his doctor was either in on it, or a complete brainwashed idiot. Regardless, his doctor could no longer be trusted. For that matter, no one in the medical profession could now be trusted.

My husband got worse and worse. He could barely get out of bed, he was so weak. I was worried about going to work and leaving him alone during the day. He was so bad one day that I actually called his dad to tell him that I wasn't sure how much longer he would be with us. But the Lord has other plans for my husband. My husband decided to take charge of his health issues. He changed his lifestyle and his diet. He weaned himself off all the drugs the doctor had prescribed and he started to get better. His hernia was still a problem, but he started to get his strength back. 

Fast forward to today. My husband is still with us. A couple weeks back we ordered some hernia poultices from a health store online. We should have ordered them a lot sooner, but they are expensive. They started working right away, and for the first time, his hernia is starting to heal. It's only been a couple days that he has been using them, but he could tell the difference the first night. Thank you God.

He still has good days and bad days. While his hernia is healing, we felt it best that he didn't move around too much. He felt really bad about not being able to cook Thanksgiving dinner, but I told him that I would handle it. (Not the cooking, just the dinner. Lol!) I ordered thanksgiving dinner from Cracker Barrel and I will go pick it up later. 

Thank you Lord for all the ways you take care of us and especially for healing my husband. Although I am especially thankful today, thinking back on the last year, I am thankful everyday for all the big (and little) blessings the Lord gives us. I hope everyone has a wonderful day. 

No comments: