Friday, December 24, 2021

Beating the Crowds


It was dark when I drove into town this morning. Someone on Buckeye had a blow-up trailer with Santa in their yard. It looked like the one from the you-tube video above. Just thought I'd share.

I wanted to get my groceries before anyone else was up and about. The store will be closed tomorrow. That's a nice perk. There was only one other car in the lot as I pulled into my usual spot. Sweet! The feral kitties and their shelters are gone. I wondered about that.

The guy who bagged my groceries asked me where I've been lately. I let him know that I'm working now and can't come to the store every day like I used to. I guess I'm a recognized regular now. LOL. I asked him where the cats went as we walked to my car. He said someone came and got them. Hhmmm, hopefully they will be well taken care of. I asked him if he had any damage from the storm. He told me that he lives on 3rd Street and they were all protected by the mill. I told him about how I felt sorry for those on 3rd because they never see the sun. “Naw,” he told me, “It's nice. It never gets too hot.” Funny.

My husband has recently decided he is never eating pork again. Ever. He says it is biblical. Well, that rules out ham for dinner. I'm okay with it. I am making meatloaf, stove top stuffing and cooked carrots. Not necessarily traditional fare, but I have half a bag of baby carrots that I really need to get rid of. I found this recipe that I'm going to try here. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Hug your family this weekend. My family is all far away – so hug each other and says it's from me. Take care everyone! Love you guys!

P.S. Blogger is trying to tell me that the word Street above doesn't exist. Whatever - spell check sucks.


No comments: