Sunday, December 5, 2021

The waiting is over, time to start

My equipment has finally arrived and I spent the morning getting it all assembled. Did a couple test runs of everything so I can start my training for my new job tomorrow. I am excited, but nervous too. I have to do Zoom meetings as part of my employment. My cuteness cannot be adequately captured on film, digital or otherwise. It is what it is.

I set up a comfortable office space and I rigged it so that I can easily shut down the office laptop and start my personal laptop. I will have to schedule times to take a break from them both.

Our little RV park has a convenience store and a gas station. Gas is down to $2.85 a gallon so I stopped in to fill up. They make home-made pizza's to go there. We have not tried it yet. On the wall is a sign for a Tuesday Special. Two Pizzas, Two Toppings and a Two Liter Soda for $20. Sounds like a good deal. I made a meal plan for the week, so pizza on Tuesdays was a good addition. 

When my husband and I first met, we were perfect for each other. He LOVES to cook and thinks about making food and different recipes all day long. I love to wash the dishes, (really I do!) I find it very relaxing. So it worked out very well for us both. But my husband hasn't been able to do any cooking lately. At first I found the task daunting. I mean, I can cook. I'm actually a pretty good cook. I just don't really like to. But the need is for me to be the chef around here, until further notice. What your hand findeth to do, do it heartily as unto the Lord. 

Challenge Accepted. 

So I've been spending a lot of time looking for simple recipes online that I can cook in the evenings after work. I've actually found some really good ones, using stuff we normally have in the house. For lunch today I made sausage, red potatoes and cabbage using this recipe (here). It was yummy! I added a little chicken bullion to the water and used a little Mrs. Dash. You have to put your own spin on these things. LOL. 

Now that everything is in place and I have a plan, I feel very peaceful. I think things are going to work out just fine.


No comments: