Thursday, December 9, 2021

Moving Mountains


I give all glory to God for this. A miracle happened at work yesterday.

So we got a satellite dish for the SOLE purpose of having the internet speeds that are needed for my new job. It is required that I have a download speed of 25 mps and an upload speed of 5mps. I have those speeds when I use the parks wifi, but the job also requires that you plug in with an ethernet cable.

I've been running speed tests since we got the dish but could not get any speeds close to 5mps for an upload. My husband called the internet provider and they told us the highest speed we could get was 3mps. (He told them the requirements we needed before they hooked everything up and they said, Oh yeah, no problem. Why do people lie so much?) At the time my husband gave me the news, I was highly stressed out about other things. I could not add another thing onto the pile. I told him, “I can not deal with this right now. God is just going to have to handle it.” 

So yesterday came the inevitable official speed test. The instructor told us to run the speed test and put the download and upload speeds into the chat. Now, the instructor was not actually watching the speed test being run. She was trusting us to be honest. So of course, the temptation was to lie, because she would never know. That temptation only lasted 2 seconds because I don't lie. I needed to have legitimate 100% honest downloads and upload speeds. I ran the test over and over. The numbers kept changing. The highest download speed was 40.1 at one point, but try as I might, the highest upload speed was 3.69. 

I started to tell the Lord that it was His idea to get this job and that I needed a valid download speed of 5mps. I reminded Him of that time when Jesus said that you would say to this mountain, Be ye removed and go into the sea (or something along those lines). I said, this is a big Ol mountain Lord and I need 5mps right now. I started praying as hard as I could. I put my hands on the modem and kept saying 5, 5, 5 as the test was going. That is when the miracle happened. 

The Lord went above and beyond what I asked and gave me 7mps. Even though I was praying and believing, I was still shocked when it happened. I took a screen shot of it and posted it in the chat. Then finished out the rest of my break yelling, Oh Thank you Lord! Oh Thank you Lord! I mean wow. 

I know what some of you are thinking. Don't worry about the 33. That was the legitimate download speed at the time. 

Wow just wow. Thank you Lord!

I was able to relax for the rest of the class. I have a great, big, wonderful God. 

No comments: