Saturday, December 18, 2021

Prepare Now


It is 26 degrees outside as I write this. It was colder when I went out to start the car this morning. I knew I needed to let it warm up before going to the store. Don't want my fingers to freeze. 

It was a nice drive into town. Hardly anyone was on the road for a Saturday. I thought about the last week. It went fast. I still have two more weeks of training before I will be working on my own, but I will have different trainers. Yesterday was the last day we would be training with C. and T. T was going to be off on Friday but she told us on Thursday that she had taken both the booster and the flu shot earlier that day. She said that her arm felt like lead and was in a lot of pain. 

Even though T was on PTO, she stopped into our training session to say goodbye to everyone. She told C that she was having a severe reaction to the shots and that she had NEVER felt so sick in her life. I prayed for her when I heard that. She is really sweet. I hope she is going to be okay.

A local was giving the little feral cats some water when I pulled into the parking lot. I prayed for the kitties. They say it is supposed to get down to 11 degrees tonight. 

On the way home I stopped at our gas station. I really felt that still, small voice telling me to get gas, even though I still have half a tank. We have dark days ahead. It doesn't hurt to be prepared. Most of the damage inside the store has been repaired from the storm. My landlady asked me if we are staying warm. I said, “we are trying to.” She laughed, “You are camping. That is what my husband always tells me. Yes, we are camping I tell him back.” I smiled. 

Yes, I guess we are camping too. Out in the wilderness where the Lord has placed us. When I got home there was an email newsletter from Christine Beadsworth in my inbox. She mentions about having light in our dwellings, and it is interesting that I said the same thing in my last blog post. You can listen to it here:

Oil your Shields and Brace Yourselves

So, I am spending the rest of the day prepping for the week ahead. I have several meals planned, so I am chopping all the veggies now and putting them in baggies, so that all I have to do is pull them out to make dinner. 

I wasn't sure how to end this post, but I feel very pressed to tell everyone to get prepared now. Fill your tanks full of gas. Stock up on some food and have some cash on hand. Most of all, pray. Whatever you do, do NOT get the shot. No matter what they throw at you. Take a stand for the Lord. He is your shield and will make sure that you have lights in your dwelling. Take care out there. 

No comments: