Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Moving On


The dog was the first thing I saw in the morning. She would be sleeping on the floor next to my spot. Now the floor is empty and I am reminded that she is gone. I started to cry when I got up to wash the dishes on my break. My husband asked me if I was ok. I said, “Well, the dog isn't in my way.” The heat has been unbearable. I'm not sure she would have survived the week anyway. I'm not sure I will.

If I need a distraction there are plenty of those to go around. Weirdness continues to come out of Maui. Did you know that lasers can be programmed to not hit certain colors? Blue for instance. Oprah and a bunch of her buddies recently painted the roof tops of their houses blue. Huh. I don't know – just putting it out there.

Rumors are swirling about lockdowns and mask mandates coming back. The story was first posted by Alex Jones and then picked up by the Gateway Pundit so I didn't give it much thought. I gotta say, I'm highly disappointed in the Gateway Pundit these days. They can hardly be considered a reputable news source. Sad really.

They are not even bothering to name the variants anymore. Just EG.5, FL.1.5.1 and BA.2.86. Let's just add BS.247 to the list shall we? I really miss the Ninja variant. It was so easy to mock. There won't be batches of placebos this time around. With all the information that's come out now about masking and shots, you would have to be an absolute fool to line up again to be ritually poisoned. I guess we'll see how this plays out.

I want to thank everyone for their prayers and condolences and all the lovely comments. It was much appreciated.

Hope you all are well. Take care out there.


6 comments:

Cederq said...

You will have these bouts of memory for a while, not only did you lose a beloved pet, but your routine and the small things that make your day that you were use too. Much like muscle memories, you have routine memories and you miss them because what is missing. Just focus on the pleasant times you had. The five or six stages of grief are not linear, they will emerge at random and at the worst times. just process them and smile, love is at it's core.

wendyworn said...

thank you for saying that cederq. it is so true.

Peteforester said...

Oh yeah; the "new variant" has a name...

"This summer, that strain is called EG.5, or, informally, Eris (nicknamed after the Greek goddess of strife and discord)."

That was taken directly from the Yale Medicine website... The Greek goddess of strife and discord... You just can't make this stuff up!!!! If that doesn't telegraph the desired result, then what does???

'Sorry to hear about your dog, WW. God sends us dogs as ministering angels... We can't get too possessive with God's angels... We had to put down two of ours this past year. I feel your pain and mourn with you...

wendyworn said...

thanks so much pete

Tree Mike said...

I'll just echo CederQ and Peter. It certainly Isn't an easy experience to go through. Our last dog to cross the Rainbow Bridge Becca. We rescued her from a family that had too many dogs and apparently didn't like them much. She was already named Rebecca and was under 6 months old. She was the sweetest watch dog one could hope for. She stayed with us 18 years, we were lucky. So was she, she had a great life. She left just before the covid crap started. Doesn't seem like 3 years ago.
When it's my turn to cross over, there will be a big happy pack there to greet me. You have the right attitude, if the lord brings a mutt your way. you'll know what to do. Hang in there.

wendyworn said...

Thanks Mike