Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Crustless Broccoli Quiche

(I'm sure I originally got this recipe online – but it is written in my recipe book – so I have no idea where I got it. I'm going to give you the recipe the way it is written, but I will put in parenthesis how I really make it – LOL)

Ingredients:

2 TBS oil (I never use oil to cook my veggies – always real butter. I use however much it takes)
2 cups broccoli (you can substitute whatever veggie you want, mushrooms, cauliflower, or mix and match etc.)
1 cup chopped onion (I usually just use a half of whatever kind of onion I have – you can also use green onions as well.)
2 medium cloves garlic – minced
6 large eggs
¼ cup sour cream
¾ cup milk (I use half and half – check the label to make sure there is no added chemicals)
½ tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper (I usually add ¼ to ½ tsp of paprika as well)
1 ½ cups shredded cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. coat a pie pan (a big one) with cooking spray (I use butter again. There is no such thing as too much butter!)

Heat oil (butter) and cook onions (until translucent). Add garlic and veggies until they start to soften.

Whisk eggs, milk, sour cream, and spices in a large bowl. Fold in veggies and cheese. Pour into pie pan. (I usually put a little extra cheese on top.)

Bake at 350F for 45 - 50 minutes. (make sure it is set in the middle) Let cool 10 minutes before eating.

Like I said, I have had great success with this recipe and it is a great way for me to clean the veggies out of the fridge.

Take care out there!


 

4 comments:

Cederq said...

What I need is some dry toast and Dayquil... Down with a super crude.

wendyworn said...

aww - I'm so sorry you don't feel well. I've been praying for you cuz I noticed you hadn't been commenting the last couple days. I'm glad you dragged yourself out of bed to let me know you are still hanging in there. I do miss you when you don't comment for a couple days. I hope you feel better soon.

Cederq said...

Looking over that Quiche ingredients, it actually looks good. That is something you can make without buying anything from a store and you know how that is going to go in our near future if the *holes in dc have any say... I would eat that and ask for seconds!

wendyworn said...

Yeah - I make it alot and it is soooo yummy!