Monday, November 6, 2023

Remember, Remember, Bread and Circuses

Yesterday was November 5th. “Remember, remember the 5th of November...” or so the saying goes. I'm sure we have all heard about Guy Fawkes and his gunpowder plot to blow up parliament back in 1605. Most people don't know that the actual motive was to assassinate King James I and prevent the translation of the bible from Latin to English in what would become the King James Authorized version. Interesting little tidbit you don't hear much about.

Way back in the day, the elites of the world believed this statement:

It is still true, to a certain point. Except now all the bread is GMO'd. I wanted to make sloppy joes. The best bread for that is one of those big onion hamburger buns, but I can't find them anywhere that doesn't have “this product includes bioengineered ingredients” on the label. Same with hot dog buns. Hot dogs and Hamburgers. Classic American Food. All tainted.

And circuses? They are still around here and there. Who needs circuses when you can have the wide world of sports? But now all sports, including golf (and I'm sorry if you don't believe me on this one but it's true) are completely rigged and scripted. Why do you think they started to allow sports betting? If you already know who the winner will be, but the masses don't, you stand to make incredibly large amounts of profit. Cuz it's all about the money.

So maybe the "revolt" is closer than we think.

Anyway, take care out there.

5 comments:

Cederq said...

When I lived in Reno for a few years, it brought home a valuable lesson I had learned early in life. You want to double your money, take it out of your wallet, fold it in half and place it back in your wallet. I understood odds, odds are never in favor of the one betting on them, always the house or the shyster trying to make bets with you and declares the odds he will pay off on. A sucker born and rechristened every minute if they bet on the circus. Only games I ever played in Jr and Sr high were baseball, wrestling and water polo and were honest games and if a coach had told me or us to hold or throw a game, I would have punched him and quit. Even college ball games are compromised with all the big money going into college ball of all stripes.

wendyworn said...

so true

Cederq said...

Where's my bread and old Nascar Circuses?

wendyworn said...

yeah - I miss white bread

Bear Claw Chris Lapp said...

Funny, heard nothing on Fawkes and was discussing him yesterday evening with a friend. Was not on the web much on the 5th