Thursday, November 30, 2023

Kansas Snow


My husband and I had a nice quiet Thanksgiving. The cornish hens turned out perfectly! I roughly followed this recipe here. Although I did modify it quite a bit and used stuff I had on hand. The store was completely out of fresh pumpkin pies and Mrs. Smith frozen pumpkin pies now contain bio-engineered ingredients. I bought a cherry pie and some vanilla ice cream – but it really wasn't very good. Next time I will make my own.

We had our first snowfall last week that dumped about 6 inches and stayed on the ground for several days. Made me very glad I don't have to drive anywhere. It has been really cold in the mornings and got down to 17 degrees at one point. But we are staying warm, another thing to be thankful for.

It's been two months since I lost my job. At the beginning of November I about had a heart attack when the interest dropped onto the credit card. But I received an incredibly generous donation that allowed me to make a large payment on the credit card and hopefully lower the interest the next time. Plus, it was enough to pay my bills and buy groceries for another month. God's timing is impeccable.

I've been trying to stay away from the news and I feel more peaceful about it. I am reminded that back in the days of King David, when he wrote Psalms 2, the kings of the earth and the rulers have always conspired against the Lord and his people. But God just laughs at them. Just because their evil plans and plots are out in the open now, doesn't mean they are going to win. They have already lost.

Hope everyone is doing well. Keep prepping and praying. Take care out there.

6 comments:

clayusmcret said...

Hang in there. We've lost count of the number of times God, in his infinite power, stepped in to help us.

We got six inches as well over here on the I-135 corridor.

wendyworn said...

Thanks! Stay warm!

Cederq said...

I am glad you are set! You enjoying that white stuff? Made any snowmen/women yet? You know how you can tell the difference between a man or woman snowperson? The size of the carrot...

wendyworn said...

Lol!

Deathray said...

I was going to say pretty much what clay said, minus the snow.
Winter started here in September and it has actually been a mild one so far. Dropped into the negative teens for a while but now hanging around zero and maybe a foot of snow so far. That’s mild for here trust me.
I wish I was in a better position to help you some. I was hit with a lot of bills myself after getting hurt rather badly 2 winters ago. It ruined my retirement plans and now I’m back working myself at a very low paying job. I’m trying to find something that pays better. Should something come through and I’m in a better position I will email you and see what I can do.
Until then stay safe, enjoy the days we’re given, trust the Lord.

wendyworn said...

Thank you Deathray. I think we are all in the same boat. times are tough everywhere.